Tablets are convenient products that have interestingly found it’s segment/space between mobile devices and laptops. The most sought after and popular tablet in the global market is the Apple iPad Pro. A
nd while its useful nature is subjective, we can all agree that an Apple iPad Pro with a keyboard can make all our lives much easier. Check out our list of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives for more details.
Related: Are you wondering Which iPad to Buy? Check these out!
Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives — Quick Summary
|Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives 2021||Best Know For||Check it now!|
|OMOTON Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard||Best Overall||View it here!|
|Jelly Comb Backlit Keyboard Case with Mouse||Best Value for Money||View it here!|
|Typecase Touch iPad Keyboard||Best Design||View it here!|
|XIWMIX iPad Pro case + keyboard||Best Case||View it here!|
|Logitech K380 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard||Best Keyboard||View it here!|
|Arteck iPad Pro 11-inch iPad Pro 2021 Keyboard with Folio case||Best Battery Life||View it here!|
|Logitech Combo Touch for iPad Pro||Best User Experience||View it here!|
|Arteck HB030B Universal Slim Keyboard||Best Cheap Alternative||View it here!|
|Brydge Pro+ Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad for iPad Pro||Best For a Laptop Experience||View it here!|
|Chesona Keyboard Case for iPad Pro||Best Features||View it here!|
|Logitech SLIM FOLIO PRO Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad Pro||Best Connectivity||View it here!|
|Touchpad Keyboard Case for iPad Pro 12.9 2021 4th Generation||Best Touchpad||View it here!|
|Zagg Slimbook Go||Best For Apple Pencils||View it here!|
Over the last few years, Apple manufactured three variants of keyboards that are compatible with their iPad collection; the Smart Keyboard, Smart Keyboard Folio and the Magic keyboard.
The Magic keyboard for the iPad Pro was released earlier in April this year and is simply stunning to use. With the iOS 14 and the iPhone 12 soon hitting the market, Apple is certainly on a roll this year.
At $299, it’s certainly an expensive accessory to own. And to be honest you can find amazing alternatives that offer pretty much the same tech for a much cheaper price. Here’s are the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives 2021.
Which is the best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives?
After reviewing over 100 iPad keyboard alternatives based on various factors like ergonomics, sensitivity, connectivity and functionality. We shortlisted the best 12 iPad Keyboard Alternatives. These 12 were further put through various stress tests to find the best. We found that:
The best iPad Magic keyboard alternative is the OMOTON Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard. This ergonomically designed iPad Magic keyboard alternative has an extremely soft and sensitive set of keys that elevates the users typing experience. It also has Hotkeys that make it easy to execute certain tasks. It can last for 30 days on a single charge.
Related: Check out our list of the Best Airpower Alternatives!
- Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives 2021
- #1 — OMOTON Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard
- #2 — Jelly Comb Backlit Keyboard Case with Mouse
- #3 — Typecase Touch iPad Keyboard
- #4 — XIWMIX iPad Pro case + keyboard
- #5 — Logitech K380 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard
- #6 — Arteck iPad Pro 11-inch iPad Pro 2021 Keyboard with Folio case
- #7 — Logitech Combo Touch for iPad Pro
- #8 — Arteck HB030B Universal Slim Keyboard
- #9 — Brydge Pro+ Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad for iPad Pro
- #10 — Chesona Keyboard Case for iPad Pro
- #11 — Logitech SLIM FOLIO PRO Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad Pro
- #12 — Touchpad Keyboard Case for iPad Pro 12.9 2021 4th Generation
- #13 — Zagg Slimbook Go
- How to choose a Magic Keyboard Alternative?
- Which iPad Magic Keyboard alternative should is the best?
Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives 2021
There are numerous keyboards available online to purchase that make using a tab, especially an iPad Pro all the more convenient. From Logitech to Arteck, we’ll take you through the best alternatives to the iPad Magic keyboard.
#1 — OMOTON Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard
The OMOTON Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard is one of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives 2021. Not only does it have any amazingly ergonomic body but it also has a brilliant battery life that can last for an entire month on a single charge.
- Most importantly, this keyboard is compatible with all iPads including the iPad Pro 12.9 and iPad Pro 11. The only issue as such is the size. While it is ergonomic and extremely comfortable to use, people with larger hands might find it difficult as it is quite small in size.
- Unlike the majority of the keyboard one this list this peripheral only costs around $21.99 which is quite amazing for the level performance it offers. It’s currently trending on Amazon.com.
The Key Features are:
- Amazing Battery life: As mentioned earlier this beauty can last for 30 days on a single charge. Additionally, it can last for half a year on automatic sleep mode.
- Sliding stand: This keyboard is designed to not only save space but also to elevate the iPad to a good viewing angle. This is primarily due to it’s sliding stand.
- Smooth and quiet Keys: This keyboard comes with soft scissor-kick keys that provide a quiet and fluid typing experience. These keys also last for more than 3 million clicks. Most importantly, the keys are in the QWERTY layout with various Hot Keys customized for common iPad functions like Brightness, volume, etc.
#2 — Jelly Comb Backlit Keyboard Case with Mouse
Jelly Comb which was founded in 2014 is a brand which focuses on wireless office supplies. The Backlit Keyboard Case from Jerry Comb is compatible with the iPad Pro 12.9” 3rd Generation 2018 model and the iPad Pro 12.9” 4th Generation 2021 model. It’s one of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives.
- The mouse provided with this combo is a 2.4 G + Bluetooth wireless mouse that runs on 1xAA battery. The Keyboard case is light and provides adequate protection to the iPad Pro while it is tucked away in your backpack.
- Priced at $65.99, the Jelly Comb Keyboard Case with Mouse is a really affordable keyboard for the iPad Pro and its alternatives. You can buy the Jelly Comb Backlit Keyboard Case with Mouse on Amazon.
The Key Features are:
- 7 Color Backlight option – The Bluetooth keyboard has 7-color backlights and 3 levels of brightness. So you can easily type, even though the environment is pretty dark.
- Completely Detachable Keyboard – The keyboard is magnetically attached to the protective case and can be directly removed or placed when in need. The keyboard also supports Bluetooth 3.0 and connects at a range of 10 meters.
- Lightweight TPU case – The Jelly Comb case is made from a lightweight TPU material that is lighter and stronger than plastic. This material is used because it’s easier to attach and detach the keyboard from the iPad Pro.
- Rechargeable Keyboard – The keyboard is powered by a 650 mAh battery that delivers uninterrupted power supply for 6 hours with the blacklight on and for upto 220 hours without the backlight on.
- Apple Pencil Holder – The keyboard case comes with a slot for the Apple Pencil and is designed in such a way that the magnetism does not interfere with the wireless charging function.
- 3 Viewing Angles – You are able to adjust the viewing angle of the iPad Pro to your liking by simply sliding the dock accordingly.
- Bluetooth and 2.4G Dual Mode Wireless Mouse – The mouse lets you connect to two devices simultaneously. The mouse is relatively small, at 110 * 70 * 30 mm it’s safe to say that it can easily fit in your pocket.
Related: Check out our list of the Best Cheap iPad Alternatives!
#3 — Typecase Touch iPad Keyboard
The Typecase Touch iPad Keyboard is one of the best iPad Magic Keyboard alternatives in the market when it comes to performance and value for money. It comes with a brilliant hinge which lets you rotate the iPad as you please. Most importantly, it has 3 brightness modes and 10 color backlight options.
- The Typecase Touch iPad Keyboard is available on Amazon for $79.99. Although it is fairly pricey, it’s still much better than the majority of the other Magic Keyboard Alternatives. Most importantly, it is a much better alternative to the original as it comes with extra features.
The Key Features are:
- 7-in-1 design: One of the most amazing features of the Typecase Touch iPad Keyboard is its design. This versatile product can seamlessly transition from a laptop mode to 6 other modes like closed mode, a presentation mode and even an ergonomic typing mode.
- Unique Touchpad: This device comes with a touchpad that works extremely well with iPad and the latest iPad OS. The touchpad itself is around 2.4 inches giving you more than enough space to comfortably navigate.
- Infinite Viewing Angles: The Typecase Touch iPad Keyboard is quite lightweight and flexible. It has specially designed hinges that rotates and pivots to an unimaginable degree. This functionality essentially offers you unlimited viewing angles.
#4 — XIWMIX iPad Pro case + keyboard
XIWMIX is a company that solely specialises in Apple accessories , primarily for the iPad. They aim to provide the general population with cost-effective, high-quality products. It’s one of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives.
- The Ultra Slim case for the iPad Pro 11” 2021 has precise cutouts allowing full access to speakers, camera and other ports. The Ultra Slim case also provides maximum protection and convenience for your iPad.
- The XIWMIX iPad Pro case costs $58.99 and is available on Amazon
The Key Features are:
- Material – The inside of the cover is made of a microfiber material, which is soft and skin-friendly and has good protection. The cover surface material is made of TPU material, which is softer and more durable than plastic.
- 7 Color Backlight – The LED Backlight design provides an accurate and sensitive typing experience. There is a stable scissors mechanism structure under each button, which is very smooth when pressed and rebounds quickly.
- Auto Sleep / Auto Wake – The magnetic smart case supports the auto awake and auto sleep functions. Simply attach the iPad to the case and it then automatically senses the need to turn the device on or put it to sleep.
#5 — Logitech K380 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard
The Logitech K380 is a multi-device Bluetooth keyboard that is compatible with all computing devices including the iPad Pro. The K380 comes in two variants; Keyboard only ($29.99), Keyboard with Mouse ($68.98). It’s one of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives.
- The keyboard comes equipped with 12 Function keys for better productivity. Additionally, this keyboard can stay connected to your device up tp 10 Meters. This wireless feature and the massive range offers an unprecedented amount of convenience.
- Each K380 comes with 2-year battery life with a sleek minimalistic design.
The Key Features are:
- Multi-Device Bluetooth – The K380 has 3 pairing channels that allow the user to switch between connected devices at the tap of a button. Most importantly, this is a universal keyboard that can be used on all computing devices like windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Chrome OS, and even Apple TV. Basically, any Bluetooth-enabled device that supports external keyboards with HID profile.
- Laptop Style Typing – Scissor keys with scooping for soft and fluid typing. In fact, it is compatible with other Logitech flow devices like the Logitech mouse. With the combination of both, you can move, copy and paste files seamlessly between devices. Of course, what you’re really paying for is the smooth typing experience.
- Auto Recognition of the OS – The most notable feature of the K380 is that the keyboard auto recognises the OS being used and accordingly makes changes to the Function keys and Command keys. It is compatible with iOS10 and later and Windows 7 and later. One of the most amazing features is its ability to recognize each device and map keys. It essentially allows custom layouts and shortcuts.
- Compact Keyboard – This keyboard is extremely compact and ergonomic. It’s easy to carry it around and it still offers both an iOS and windows style keyboard experience.
- Amazon Battery life – The battery life is unbelievable. It can last for 2 years without any issues. And the best part is that you don’t have to charge it for the entire duration of the two years. It also happens to be extremely durable as well. So, it can last for 4 million keystrokes.
#6 — Arteck iPad Pro 11-inch iPad Pro 2021 Keyboard with Folio case
This is a fully protective folio-style case with a built-in Bluetooth keyboard. The case comes designed with a slot for your Apple Pencil at the top. The Arteck iPad Pro case permits auto-sleep and auto-awake.
- The case allows for one viewing angle that is ideal for typing. You will be able to charge the keyboard within 2 hours and would normally last up to 100 hours on a single charge.
- The Arteck iPad Pro 11-inch iPad Pro 2021 Keyboard with Folio case is available at $34.99 on Amazon
The Key Features are:
- A Mini laptop – This Bluetooth keyboard doubles as a screen protector and a viewing stand. Simply put the iPad pro into the stylish leather case and instantly give your iPad Pro a keyboard and a protective case that also acts as a stand for easy viewing and typing.
- Easy-type keyboard – Using a standard Mac format keyboard layout, the larger keys give you a familiar and comfortable typing experience and saves screen space. It’s one of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives.
- Conveniently Secure – A built-in leather case allows the iPad Pro to stand up to 130 degrees to provide the most comfortable viewing position for typing or viewing photos and movies. The leather stylish case offers full protection for the iPad Pro.
- Auto wake and sleep – Besides activating the iPad Pro’s Auto sleep-wake function to instantly wake your iPad Pro when you open the cover and send it to sleep mode when you close it. The keyboard will enter its own sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity – simply press any key to wake the keyboard up again.
- Premium Looks – The super-slim, lightweight design perfectly complements the elegantly sophisticated design style of the iPad. The thin and lightweight materials won’t detract from the iPad Pro’s stunning looks but still offers durable protection for your iPad Pro when you’re on the go.
Related: Check out our list of the Best Fake Apple Pencils!
#7 — Logitech Combo Touch for iPad Pro
Logitech is one of the leading manufacturers of Computer supplies and accessories.The Touch Combo is a wireless keyboard with a trackpad that was designed specifically for the iPad Pro.
- The trackpad has inbuilt high precision sensors that use multi-finger gesture controls to make the user experience better.
- Available with multiple user modes, this touch combo provides complete protection for the iPad Pro. The Logitech Combo Touch for iPad Pro is available on Amazon at $149.99
The Key Features are:
- iOS shortcuts – The top most row of the keyboard is lined up with the most used iOS shortcuts making it easier to switch between apps or control the brightness and volume.
- Viewing Modes – The keyboard case allows you to erect the iPad Pro in various modes for different experiences based on what application is being used. There are:
- Type Mode
- Sketch Mode
- View Mode
- Read Mode
- Holding loop for Apple Pencil – The Combo Touch comes with an attachment at the side of the case, a loop to hold with a Logitech Crayon or an Apple Pencil. It’s one of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives.
- Backlight keys – The Keyboard has a familiar laptop-like feel with adjustable backlighting for a premium feel.
- Easy Pair – This keyboard can easily pair with any iPad. All you have to do is connect the iPad to the Smart connector. All it takes it one click and you can start working immediately.
- Adjustable Kickstand – This device comes with a kickstand that offers 40 degrees of tilt. It’s perfect you want to watch a movie.
#8 — Arteck HB030B Universal Slim Keyboard
The Arteck HB030B is an ultra slim wireless bluetooth keyboard that is meant for the iPad and iPad Pro. This keyboard provides a fairly comfortable typing experience with multicolored lighting.
- Powered by a Li-Polymer battery, the life time on a single charge is approximately 6 months.
- Being able to connect at one device at a time, the Arteck HB030B costs $19.99.
The Key Features are:
- Cross-Platform Compatibility – The HB030B can connect with all the 4 major operating systems; iOS, Android, Mac OS and Windows
- Comfortable silent keys – Ideal for quiet typing, the HB030B has a scissor kick construction that allows you to type quietly.
#9 — Brydge Pro+ Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad for iPad Pro
Originally founded in 2012, Brydge has been ruling the North American market with their wireless keyboards for Apple devices. The most notable of them all is the Brydge Pro + a wireless keyboard with inbuilt trackpad for the iPad Pro. It’s one of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives.
- The hinges allow for unrestricted viewing angles from 0-180° and are tested to fit securely to your iPad Pro.
- A premium competitor to the iPad Magic Keyboard, the Brydge Pro + is priced at $229.99.
The Key Features are:
- Multi-Touch Keypad – The trackpad enables pointer, left, & right-click, two-finger scroll & two-finger swipe to intuitively navigate iPadOS.
- Adjustable Backlit Keys – The keyboard features 3 levels of backlight settings making it ideal for any time of the day.
- Bluetooth 5.0 – Enables fast pairing and a lag-free typing experience.
#10 — Chesona Keyboard Case for iPad Pro
The most functional keyboard for the iPad Pro, the Chesona detachable keyboard case is an 11” Keyboard case that comes with a Pencil holder and Flip Stand cover. The Keyboard case is available for the Apple 2021/2018 iPad Pro 11“comes in 3 variants, black, blue and gold.
- With a QWERTY Layout and the hotkeys customised for iPads, Including Volume, Music Control, Brightness etc, with a mute and sleek design, gives you a skin-like touch feeling and provides all-day comfort for work and entertainment.
- Priced at $39.98+ the Chesona delivers a premium feel at a fraction of the price.
The Key Features are:
- Apple Pencil charging & Built-In Pencil holder – The Chesona allows you to dock the Apple Pencil on the top of the iPad Pro to let it charge. You can also slider the Pencil into the holder located just above the keyboard for safekeeping.
- Protection – The keyboard case comes with anti-slip design and provides 360-degree protection to the iPad Pro from drops and shocks. It’s one of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives.
- Battery Life – The Built-in rechargeable battery lasts for more than 80 hours on 2-3 hours of charge.
#11 — Logitech SLIM FOLIO PRO Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad Pro
Launched earlier this year, the Logitech Slim Folio Pro for the iPad Pro 11” lets you type quickly and accurately with a familiar laptop-like premium keyboard.
- The backlit keys on the Slim Folio Pro allow the user to type at any point of the day or night without having to strain their eyes.
- The Slim Folio Pro is compatible with the 1st Gen and 2nd Gen iPad Pro and retails at $112.99.
The Key Features are:
- 360 Degree protection – Keep your iPad Pro safe with a case that provides complete protection. The lightweight material and magnetic fastening keep the iPad safe from drops and spills.
- Battery Life – The battery in the Slim Folio Pro is built to last up to 3 months on a single charge.
#12 — Touchpad Keyboard Case for iPad Pro 12.9 2021 4th Generation
The Touchpad Keyboard Case for iPad Pro 12.9 2021 4th Generation by Levit is a keyboard that has a sensitive built-in touchpad for easy scrolling, as well as well-made keys and shortcuts for fast typing. It’s one of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives.
The built-in touchpad allows you to navigate and control the cursor like a laptop, no need to touch the screen or use an additional mouse.
- The Touchpad Keyboard case is available on Amazon and retails at $99.97
The Key Features are:
- Angle Adjustment – The keyboard is equipped with a 360-degree rotating case, open-angle is up to 180 degrees, that could position your iPad at a perfect angle for easy viewing and typing.
- Backlit Keyboard – There are 2 backlight modes with the keyboard, stable rainbow backlight, and circular breathing rainbow backlight with 3 brightness modes.
- Compatibility – iPad Pro the 3rd Gen 12.9 (2018) A1876 / A2014 /A1895 & iPad Pro the 4rd Gen 12.9 (2021) A2229 / A2233 / A2069 / A2232
- Battery Life – The keyboard case has a long battery life due to the lithium-ion battery that provides up to 350 hours with the backlight off and up to 3 hours with the backlight on and continuous operation.
#13 — Zagg Slimbook Go
With an amazing battery life of one year and lightweight design, the Zagg Slimbook Go is one of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives in the market. Additionally, it comes with a variety of functions that make typing an easy task.
- This iPad Magic Keyboard Alternative is compatible with almost all iPads including the iPad Air. It even comes with holders for Apple Pencils: one at the top and one at the bottom.
- The Zagg Slimbook Go is one of the more cheaper magic keyboard alternatives as it costs only $47.98.
The Key Features are:
- Lightweight Build: This keyboard is sleek and extremely light. Not only is it easy to carry it around but the streamlined design also helps it fit in compact bags and backpacks.
- Multi Device compatibility: This Magic Keyboard Alternative can pair with two device simultaneously. This one of the most and important feature of this keyboard. For example, you can pair it with your iPad and your iPhone and switch control between both of them.
- Long battery life: You can expect to type on this keyboard for up to a year on a single charge.
- Ergonomic Keys: In addition to being backlit, the keys have an optimum elevation, distance and quality that ensures fast and accurate typing.
There are no doubts that each of the products listed above is good in their own way. It solely depends on what you’re looking for and how much you want to pay. A keyboard case is a convenient option making the overall experience feel more laptop-like.
On the iPad Pro, you can use a trackpad for cursor and multi-gesture control, therefore a keyboard case with a built-in trackpad is ideal. However, if you’re just surfing the web, watching movies, or simply replying to some emails, a less expensive keyboard without all the features is all you’ll need.
At the end of the day, there won’t be another Keyboard in the market specifically designed for the iPad Pro like the Apple Magic Keyboard. Though overpriced, it still has the authentic Apple feel.
How to choose a Magic Keyboard Alternative?
With there being hundreds of Magic Keyboard Alternatives, it’s not easy to choose the perfect one. In fact, it’s increasingly hard to choose a good one as there is a lot of manufacturer’s that use sub-par materials that decrease the longevity of the keyboard drastically. So, please do refer to the buying guide below for all the details.
- The design of the Magic Keyboard Alternative may seem like it a useless factor. However, you would be losing out on a lot of functionality if you invest in the wrong keyboard alternative. A Magic Keyboard Alternative doesn’t have to look like the original to provide you with exceptional user experience.
- You should look beyond the obvious features such as lightweight and ergonomic build and focus on keyboard that offer angle adjustments and a multi touch trackpad. It’d be great if the keyboard comes with function keys and short cuts to make your life easier.
- Of course, other than these factors you can always look for keyboards with Apple Pencil holders. These would benefit designers.
- Key’s are obviously the most important aspect of a keyboard. So, you should make sure that the keys are smooth and easy to type. The more fluid the function of the keys the better. And of course a backlight keyboard would be extremely beneficial as well.
- The battery life is quite a significant factor when it comes to a Magic Keyboard Alternative. You really don’t want to buy a keyboard with a battery life of a few hours. Not only will it get extremely annoying but certain functions can even cease to work when its almost out.
- Ideally you should at least choose a keyboard that can last for around 30 days on a single charge. While there are keyboards that can last for 6 months, it might be an overkill. Additionally, you would be sacrificing a lot of useful features for that kind of juice.
Which iPad Magic Keyboard alternative should is the best?
While there are quite a few Magic Keyboard Alternatives on this list, your should ideally go after the one that’s most suitable. For example, if you refer to our table at the beginning of the article, you’d notice that we’ve broken down the Best Magic Keyboard by sub category.
So, if you’re looking for a Magic Keyboard Alternative with an amazing battery life, you cannot go wrong with the Arteck iPad Pro 11-inch iPad Pro 2021 Keyboard with Folio case. Similarly, if you’re looking for a keyboard with a convenient design and functionality, your best bet would be Typecase Touch iPad Keyboard.
Magic keyboard alternatives might all be similar in their basic function, but differ when it comes to certain factors. Our personal favourite is the OMOTON Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard. It’s currently the best overall in terms of design, feature,s battery and much more.
It can a highly adjustable sliding stand and a comfortable keyboard that can support your typing activity. The keys are smooth and quiet. Additionally, the battery life is quite decent as it can last for about 30 days on a single charge.
Is the Apple iPad magic keyboard worth it?
Absolutely not. The only thing your paying is for brand value and bragging rights. As far as the tech goes you can pretty much find the same tech and then for a fraction of the price of the Apple Magic Keyboard.
Brands like Jelly Comb, Brydge Pro and Logitech have some amazing alternatives that are true value for money. Check out our list of the Best iPad Magic Keyboard Alternatives for more details.
Alan Urban is the Editor-in-chief of Stupid Apple Rumours and often proclaims that he’s ” Apple’s number one fan.”
In addition to keeping up with the latest Apple news, he also reviews Apple products and creates user-friendly guides. When not subjecting Apple Devices to crazy stress tests, he’s usually playing games on Apple Arcade