I have always wondered if someone could hack my iPhone and sometimes the curiosity expands and I ask myself if I can hack an iPhone. And that curiosity is the reason for this article. I don’t approve of hacking someone’s iPhone because to be fair, I wouldn’t want my iPhone to be hacked. Check out our guide on How to hack an iPhone!
Related: iPhone 12 Clone: Where to buy?
Hacking is a morally flawed thing to do and it is illegal so keep that in mind. This article is written solely to educate my readers about hacking iPhones. And if for some reason you have to access somebody else’s iPhone, this article sheds light on How to hack an iPhone even though I stand against it.
After reading Apple’s official documents and having gone through various source; my team and I found out that:
It is rather impossible to hack into an iPhone using organic methods. A user who wants to hack into an iPhone must do it using third-party software such as Spyine. Although this paid service can allow the user to hack into an iPhone without the need to download software or physically access the target phone, it still requires access to the iCloud credentials of the target.
Related: How to back up your iPhone
- How to hack an iPhone?
- How to Hack into an iPhone From A Computer
- How to Hack into an iPhone using Wi-Fi
- How to hack an iPhone – Final Thoughts
How to hack an iPhone?
Reasons to hack an iPhone
Hacking is the process of breaking into an electronic device, it is similar to stealing but in a digital environment. While it sounds like an unethical/immoral thing to do, there are some positives to it.
- Governments and the FBI employ hackers to counter against illegal hackers who might be trying to steal information. They also use to get into iPhones of terrorist and others to gather vital information.
- But why would someone reading this article would want to hack into someone’s iPhone, that should be answered by the reader.
- If you are someone who wants to snoop around, steal information or to satisfy your suspicion, then read on to know more about hacking an iPhone.
Can Someone Hack My iPhone?
Almost any device on this planet is hackable. And this includes iPhones too. But the real question is can anyone hack an iPhone? And the answer to that is also probably yes but it is not an easy feat.
- It takes a lot of skill and knowledge about hacking, and years of expertise in the field for someone to hack any smartphone let alone an iPhone.
- Apple devices are some of the most secure devices you can buy. All of Apple’s devices including iPhones are primarily built around security and privacy from the ground up and this is why some popular features like micro-SD card are absent from iPhones.
That said, anything is possible if you try just hard enough, just like how unpickable locks get picked.
How to hack an iPhone without having access to it?
The iPhone is like a very secure lock but even the most advanced locks can be broken if the method is right. Similarly, iPhones can be hacked into if someone really wanted to. Something that makes iPhones harder to hack is the fact that they keep getting software and security updates that fix vulnerabilities through which hackers can gain access to your device.
- For example, a few years back, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) hired a group of highly skilled Israeli hackers to hack an iPhone 5C of a terrorist. The iPhone was password protected, which is harder to crack compared to a PIN code.
- Apple wouldn’t help the FBI because even Apple didn’t have any access to data of any iPhone. And if Apple helped, it meant that Apple is breaking the trust of its customers. Eventually, the FBI hacked into the iPhone with the help of those Israeli hackers which costing the FBI more than a million dollars.
Apple increased the security since, and the security of any device including other smartphones increase with security updates.
Another example of iPhones getting hacked was discovered by a hacker who works for Google. This hacker demonstrated how to hack into an iPhone remotely from another device. This whole incident alarmed the entire Apple community. Apple has since fixed the vulnerability that allowed the hacker to exploit it.
- Besides all this tight security on an iPhone, there are other comparatively easier ways to hack into an iPhone but most of these require the target to be naïve or careless. If the target iPhone runs on an older software version, it means they are vulnerable to be hacked.
- Jailbreaking an iPhone also makes it vulnerable to hacking as you won’t be getting software and security updates from Apple. And if you practice safe internet browsing and have basic knowledge of the internet, you can avoid making your devices becoming vulnerable by not installing apps and certificates without your knowledge.
- So, if you follow safe browsing, avoid sketchy websites and links, avoid Jailbreaking your iPhone, and update your iPhone regularly, your iPhone will be safe from hackers. So, it is possible to hack an iPhone but it is not easy to do so.
- The hacker needs to be extremely skilled or the target has to be extremely naïve. Both of these are unlikely and a skilled hacker isn’t going to hack any iPhone on the street.
Related: How to Restore your iPhone
While I have been talking about how hard it is to hack an iPhone, you might have stumbled upon services and Spywares on the internet that claim to easily hack an iPhone. I wanted to check if these services were saying the truth. I wanted to see if these third-party services could actually hack an iPhone. So, I paid for a service called Spyine and here is my experience with it.
- The claims of Spyine were not false, in fact, the whole process worked as advertised. But this process has its asterisks, and you should know them before using Spyine.
- You can only hack using Spyine or other such spyware if you have access to the target device’s iCloud credentials. This means that you need the iCloud ID and password, which in itself can prove almost impossible to find unless the owner of the target device trusts you.
- So, if you want to hack into the iPhone of someone you know and someone that trusts you with their iCloud credentials, you can with the help of Spyine or other such Spywares. You shouldn’t be doing that to someone that trusts you but you can if you are so desperate.
- So now that you want to, you might be wondering how to hack into someone’s iPhone. Read on to know how to hack an iPhone using Spyine.
How to Hack an iPhone Step by Step using Spyine?
Spyine is one of the best tools for having remote access over an iPhone. Spyine allows you to view messages, data exchanges, emails, notes and more of the hacked device. All you have to do is follow these steps and you can get access to any iOS device, that is an iPhone or iPad.
- STEP 1: First things first, you will have to register on Spyine’s web-based app with your email ID.
- STEP 2: After registering, you have to choose a plan. There are lots of plans so, choose the best plan for you based on your budget and time frame.
- STEP 3: As soon as you have selected and paid for a plan, you will receive an email with a link that will set you up. The set-up procedure is straight forward and simple, you won’t have any trouble with it. The set-up process will be done in a couple of minutes and you are good to go.
- STEP 4: Now choose iOS as the target platform.
- STEP 5: Once this is done, you have to link you have to the target iPhone to Spyine. You can do this by entering the iCloud credentials of the target iPhone.
- STEP 6: Now you have access to a host of features from Spyine that you can use on your target iPhone.
All of this took only a few minutes, and the next section will let you what you can do after hacking the iPhone with Spyine.
Features of Spyine
Security to the hacker: Spyine vows to maintain the anonymity of the hacker by not maintaining records of any user. It only keeps account of necessary information like username and password and even these are secured without access to anyone.
No Jailbreaking: Previous spyware required the target iPhones to be jail broken. But Spyine doesn’t require this, all you need is the iCloud details and the whole process is remote too.
Keylogging: This is a feature that allows Spyine to store the keystrokes on the iPhone of the target user, this allows for the hacker to get password credentials and more.
Web-Based Spyware: Spyine is a web-based spyware service, this avoids the need to download software, allowing the hacker to maintain his/her anonymity better. The hacker only needs to Spyine when required.
Check out Private-Spy for more tips.
How to Hack into an iPhone From A Computer
With third party apps like Mobistealth, you can remotely keep a track of the target’s iPhone. This includes access to their texts, location, social media, web history etc. While it is dangerous in the wrong hands, Apps like Mobistealth are commonly used by parents to track their children.
Ethical issues aside, it’s rather easy to hack into an iPhone remotely by just using a computer. All you really need is the target’s iTunes credentials. Specifically, their username and password. Now, all you have to do is log into their account and install the spy app and your done.
Simply head over to the dashboard of the spy app and you can view the activities taking place of the target’s iPhone.
How to Hack into an iPhone using Wi-Fi
Another method to Hack into an iPhone would be to use a public Wi-Fi connection. Public Wi-Fi’s are extremely unsafe an unsecured. If you know what you’re doing then you can more or less gather the targets data. However, it happens to be extremely complicated. So, you’ll need quite the technical know-how.
The most common method would be to use a man in the middle attack. So, how does this work? Let’s assume you received a text message from what appears to be your bank asking you to log in to your account to confirm your contact information. Now, you click on that link and you’re taken to what seems to be the bank’s website. Once, you type in your credentials, you are now a victim of phishing scam.
Now, in this example, the man in the middle sent you the text that seemed credible. It’s much easier to pull this off in a public Wi-Fi setting as there’s usually a signup page of some kind. All they need to do is to get you to download a file and your system is compromised.
Even if they don’t go through such a complicated scenario. They can simply set a program called a packet analyser that collects the data that is transmitted from your computer using the Wi-Fi and they can now access your private information.
Then the hacker can leech passwords, login credentials and other sensitive information. Even text messages and emails.
So, it highly recommended you don’t access your bank or important emails on a public Wi-fi network. In fact, it’s better to use a VPN as it will offer a considerable strong safeguard against such attacks.
We recommend you avoid unsecured Wireless networks in general and use your hotspot instead. And for the ultimate safeguard use your VPN at all times to encrypt your traffic.
How to hack an iPhone – Final Thoughts
Hacking is a sensitive subject when it comes to the morality of the act. But there are cases where it can be useful for their greater good, even though the whole process is tainted.
Besides, if you can hack a single iPhone, you can hack anyone’s iPhone, and this means that everyone is at risk of getting hacked. This is why Apple and other software developers work on security so much.
Although hacking into an iPhone is possible even though it may seem like an impossible task. You can always hire a skilled hacker to hack a vulnerable/naive user or use spyware to get the job done.
Alan Urban is the Editor-in-chief of Stupid Apple Rumours and often proclaims that he’s ” Apple’s number one fan.”
In addition to keeping up with the latest Apple news, he also reviews Apple products and creates user-friendly guides. When not subjecting Apple Devices to crazy stress tests, he’s usually playing games on Apple Arcade