Looking to Reset All Settings on your iPhone or iPad? First, get to know what does reset all settings do on iPhone and iPad in this article.
Reset All Settings is a useful setting option baked into iPhones and iPads. This option resets all the phone related settings on your device like WiFi, Network, Bluetooth, etc. This is useful when you are facing issues with any component on your device.
However, many users fear that doing this might erase data on their iPhones and iPads. But that is not the case. Even we have used the reset all settings option as a potential fix for many issues, it is safe and won’t delete anything.
This article will dwell deeper into what does reset all settings do and what it doesn’t. We will also other relevant information.
If you are looking to use the reset all settings feature then do this, go to Settings, then tap on General, select Reset, and then tap on Reset All Settings. Follow the onscreen instructions. This will reset all the settings on your device but it won’t affect any apps or data on your device.
For a more detailed explanation, continue reading our guide on What does reset all settings do on iPhone and iPad.
Related: How to Reset Network Settings on Mac
What does reset all settings do on iPhone and iPad
What does Reset All Settings Do?
- Network Settings
- All saved WiFi networks and their passwords will be deleted. So, if you reset all settings on your iPhone or iPad, then you won’t be able to connect automatically to a wifi network.
- All hotspot devices and settings will be deleted.
- Saved Bluetooth devices and settings will be erased.
- If you have added words to your iPhone or iPads dictionary, then these will be deleted when you reset all settings.
- All saved cards in your Apple Pay account will be removed.
- All device settings like wallpaper, ringtones, display settings, date & time, and other settings will be reset to defaults.
- Wi-Fi credentials of all devices that share the Apple ID and use iCloud Keychain.
- Your iPhone or iPad will be deregistered from iMessage and FaceTime.
- Security features like Face ID, Touch ID, and Passcodes will be removed.
- If you have any restrictions set up, then these will be turned off.
- All your accessibility settings will be reset to factory defaults.
- Even your encrypted backup password will be removed when you reset all settings on your iPhone or iPad.
What Changes when you Reset All Settings on iPhone or iPad
When you Reset All Settings on your iPhone or iPad, your customized settings will be returned to factory defaults as such,
- Airplane Mode will be turned Off
- Wi-Fi will be turned On
- Bluetooth will be turned On
- Data roaming will be turned Off
- Personal Hotspot will be turned Off
- VPN will be turned Off
- Background App Refresh will be turned On
- Location Services for Apps will be turned Off (Apps will stop using your location until you give them permission).
- Ask to Join Network will be turned On
What Reset All Settings Doesn’t Do
We have seen what resetting all settings does to your iPhone and iPad but many people fear that it deletes data and content stored on your device. So to clear the misconceptions, here is what Reset All Settings doesn’t do on an iPhone or iPad.
- Reset All Settings won’t remove any data stored on your device, like apps, music, photos, etc.
- Reset All Settings doesn’t delete any content stored on iCloud.
- All the information stored in your apps will remain, and you won’t lose data in Safari, Mail, games, etc.
- Settings for third-party apps won’t change if you Reset All Settings.
- iCloud settings will all remain in place, like Find My settings, Activation Lock, etc.
- All the devices in the list of trusted computers will remain. You won’t see Trust This Computer popups unless it is a new computer.
- All your iTunes and App Store data and settings will be the same. You won’t lose any purchases.
- None of your social media accounts and apps will be affected.
- Privacy and Security settings won’t be reset if you use Reset All Settings.
- All the files, folders, and apps on your device won’t be changed or moved in any way. They will all be in the same places, nothing will be reorganized or deleted.
- You won’t be signed out of any apps if you reset all settings on your iPhone or iPad.
What does reset all settings do on iPhone and iPad – Conclusion
If you are doubtful about resetting settings on your iPhone or iPad, then all of that should have been cleared by now.
Resetting all settings on your iPhone or iPad will only reset the settings of your iPhone like WiFi networks, Bluetooth devices, network settings, etc. It won’t mess with any data or apps on your iPhone.
Resetting all settings can be helpful in fixing bugs and issues. So if you are facing any errors on your iPhone, try resetting all settings as a potential fix.
We hope this guide on what does reset all settings do on iPhone and iPad was helpful.
- How to Reset Apple ID Password
- Apple ID Greyed Out in Settings, How to Fix
- How to Unpair and Reset Apple Watch
Should I, Do I, How to – these are some of the topics I would love to cover to share what I know about All apple products.