Want to remove a device from your Apple ID list? Check out how to remove a device from Apple ID in this guide.
Apple makes removing a device from your Apple ID device list a breeze. Your Apple ID device list includes all of your Apple devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID, such as your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch. This is often referred to as the trusted device list. In this article, I’ll show you how to remove a device from the list of devices associated with your Apple account.
Remove the device from your Apple ID if you no longer own or use it. When you do this, the removed device will no longer be able to access any iCloud or Apple services. However, this does not wipe the device. When you remove a device from your Apple ID account, you will no longer be signed in to the device. Here’s how to delete a device from your Apple ID account.
How to Remove a Device from Apple ID
What To Know Before Removing A Device From Apple ID
There are four ways to remove devices from your Apple ID. The first approach requires the use of an iPhone or iPad. Alternatively, a Mac can be used.
If you don’t have access to another personal iOS or macOS device, you can complete the operation by using the Apple ID administration portal or the iCloud.com web app. But, before you begin, there are a few things you should bear in mind.
If you merely want to get rid of an outdated item that you no longer use, the procedure is pretty simple. Using the instructions below, remove it from your list of devices associated with your Apple ID, and you’re done. The gadget will no longer receive two-factor authentication codes, which increases security if it falls into the wrong hands in the future.
However, if you want to delete a device that you do not recognize, you must instantly change the password for your Apple ID. While it’s possible that you signed into the device and forgot about it, it’s still a good idea to create a new password as a precaution. If you haven’t already, think about implementing two-factor authentication.
There are a few obstacles when it comes to selling a device. To begin, disconnecting the device from your Apple ID will not sign you out completely. You must manually sign out by entering your password; otherwise, the gadget will be locked, preventing the buyer from using it. It’s also a good idea to take safeguards by erasing the gadget of any data before selling it.
That takes us to our second issue: if you sell your smartphone to someone else without first signing out, deleting it from your Apple ID will not suffice. You must also sign out of that device in order for the person to sign in using his or her Apple ID. If you can’t physically reach the device, you must first remotely wipe it via Find My iPhone before deleting it.
How to Remove a Device from Apple ID
Remove Device From Apple Id Using iPhone/iPad
Removing devices from your Apple ID is simple on the iPhone and iPad, and can be done using the Settings app.
- In the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, tap your Apple ID, and then scroll down to view a complete list of all your devices. Choose the device you want to remove.
- Select Remove From Account, then select Remove again to confirm.
After a few seconds, the device should be disconnected from your Apple ID. Repeat for any other devices you want to get rid of.
Remove Device From Apple ID Using Mac
Using a Mac is another simple way to check and erase your list of Apple devices. A quick look at the System Preferences panel should help you with that.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select the Apple ID option.
- From the left pane, select the device you want to remove. Then, click Remove From Account.
- To confirm, click Remove.
Repeat the process for any additional devices you want to remove, and then close the System Preferences panel.
Remove Device From Apple ID Using Account Management Portal
If you don’t have another personal iPhone, iPad, or Mac, the Apple ID account management interface should allow you to immediately remove your devices. This method works on desktop and mobile browsers, so you may complete this activity with ease on a Windows or Android smartphone.
- Sign in to the Apple ID account management webpage first.
- From the Devices section, select the device you want to remove, and then click or tap Remove From Account.
- To confirm, click and press Remove This iPhone/iPad/Mac.
Examine and delete any other unneeded devices before exiting the Apple ID account management portal.
Remove Device From Apple ID Using icloud.com
You can also use the iCloud web app on iCloud.com to delete devices from your Apple ID, but it only works on desktop computers or iPads running Safari in desktop mode.
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in to the iCloud web app.
- In the upper-right corner of the iCloud.com Launchpad, click your name, and then select Account Settings.
- From the My Devices area, select the device you want to remove.
- Select the device to be removed by clicking the ‘x’ icon next to it.
- To confirm your selection, click Remove.
Sign out of iCloud.com after uninstalling any additional devices.
- You cannot delete a device from your Apple ID while removing it from your iOS device.
- As previously stated, this does not wipe the device. To wipe the smartphone and delete it altogether, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- It’s a good idea to check this list on a regular basis; if you notice a device you don’t recognize, remove it and change your Apple ID password.
How to Remove a Device from Apple ID – Conclusion
Once you’ve figured out how to do it, removing a device from an Apple ID is a piece of cake. As you can see, you don’t have to utilize another iPhone, iPad, or Mac that belongs to you; the Apple ID account management site or the iCloud.com web app should suffice. However, keep in mind the potential consequences of deleting gadgets that are in use or that you intend to sell.
How to Remove a Device from Apple ID – FAQs
How can I register a device with my Apple ID?
Sign in with your Apple ID on that device to add it to your device list. The device will appear on your list after you sign in. Sign in with iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, the App Store, or Game Center on an iPhone or iPad. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID on the computer for a Mac or Windows PC.
How do I make a new Apple ID?
Tap your profile image, select Establish New Apple ID, and then follow the directions to create a new Apple ID.
How can I change the password on my Apple ID?
Visit Apple’s IForgotAppleID website to reset your Apple ID password. Enter your user name here. You have two options for resetting your password: utilize a recovery email address or answer security questions.
Why Can’t I Remove a Device From My Apple ID?
If you are unable to remove a device from your Apple ID (either because the option is greyed out or because the option is not displayed at all), you may need to log out of your Apple ID on that device first. You can sign out of your Apple ID from that device by navigating to Settings > Apple ID and pressing Sign Out (you’ll need to enter your Apple ID password to finish the procedure).
After signing out, you should be able to remove the device from your Apple account using another device or a Mac, as described above.
- How to Find and Remove Other Files on iPhone
- How to unsync and Remove Photos from Apple Watch
- How To Remove Sim Card in iPhone
Should I, Do I, How to – these are some of the topics I would love to cover to share what I know about All apple products.